Thursday, July 11, 2013

A Closer Look: The Moore Family-Introduction

Each week I will feature "A Closer Look" on my blog---which will dig deeper into the history of one line of the family.  For simplicity, the post will be broken down by generation, starting with the first generation to which I have substantial information about.  I will start each featured family with a summary of information of those who will be covered.

Over the past two years I have spent much of my time researching my mother-in-law's family as we found a few long-lost family members of hers that didn't know much of the family history.  One of the families that I researched extensively was a line of the Moore family, starting with Rodeham Moore (who was born in Prince William, Virginia then spent most of his life in Surry County, North Carolina) down to his great-great granddaughter Nellie Moore (born in Tennessee and died in Oregon).  Nellie Moore was my husband's maternal great-great grandmother.

In brief, over the series of  "The Moore Family" posts I will be discussing these people:
  1. Rodeham Moore (married Elizabeth Gallahue) and had son Cleon.
  2. Cleon Moore (married Margaret "Peggy" Creed) and had son William Henry Harrison.
  3. William Henry Harrison Moore (married Julia Ann Smith) and had son Albert Wesley.
  4. Albert Wesley Moore (married Malinda Isabella Millis) and had daughter Nellie Moore.
  5. Nellie Moore (married William Marshall Millis) and was my husband's 2nd great-grandmother.
The next "A Closer Look" post will feature Rodeham Moore. 
 
~Christine


In the future I will have a complete family tree available --- however at this time, I am still working on formatting it for my site.  Thank you for your patience!

For your reference, here is how Rodeham Moore is linked to my family:
Rodeham Moore--->Cleon Moore--->William Henry Harrison Moore--->Albert Wesley Moore--->Nellie Moore--->Howard Estes Millis--->Marjorie Ruth Millis (my husband's maternal grandmother)

No comments:

Post a Comment